Setting up a multi-monitor Power Music installation.
This document is designed to help you connect up your multi-monitor Power Music installation.
You should have the following items:
- PC running Windows 10 and Power Music
- Keyboard and mouse or keyboard with touchpad (wired or wireless)
- VGA splitter (2, 4 or 8 way) with power supply
- 2m VGA male to female or DVI male to VGA female cable
- 5m or 10m VGA male to male cable (one per monitor)
- Tripod stand (one per monitor)
- VESA mount (one per monitor)
- Quick release VESA fitting (one per monitor) (Optional)
- USB page turner foot pedal or Bluetooth pedal.
STEP 1: Fitting the monitors to stands
- Unpack the monitor, VESA mount and optional quick release mount. Remove the existing VGA cable from the monitor, if already fitted.
- Remove any stand fittings, if necessary, from the monitor to reveal the 4 screw holes for the VESA mount. These can be in a 75mm or 100mm square layout.
- (Without Quick Release) Using the supplied screws fit the VESA mount directly to the rear of the monitor. Don’t over-tighten the screws and don’t use longer screws as they can damage to monitor.
- (Using Quick Release Mount) Separate the 2 parts of the mount. Attach the monitor half of the mount the monitor using the supplied Allen screws. Attach the other half of the mount to the VESA mount using the screws supplied with the VESA mount.
- Extend the legs of the tripod stand and place on the floor. Slide the VESA mount onto the pole. This can be quite tight. Tighten the clamp on the VESA mount.
- Adjust the height of the monitor by extending the pole or positioning the mount on the pole. For added safety use the safety pin supplied with the tripod stand.
- You can adjust the VESA mount tightness using the supplied large Allen key. (Bolts are under the plastic caps.)
STEP 2: Wiring the PC and monitors
- Unbox and position the PC in a stable and safe position. There should be adequate ventilation around the PC.
- Connect the VIDEO IN on the VGA splitter to the PC using the short VGA to VGA or DVI to VGA cable.
- Connect a 5m or 10m VGA cable from the splitter to each monitor. Always start with port 1 on the splitter. Don’t use a longer cable between the splitter and PC – this may result in poor quality screen display.
- Connect the keyboard, mouse and USB pedal to the PC. If using a Bluetooth pedal, plug in the USB Bluetooth dongle into the PC, the driver should have been pre-installed by Cambron. If the pedal is not paired, pair the pedal to the PC.
- Plug in the splitter, monitors and PC to the mains and power up. If possible power-up the monitors and splitter first otherwise the PC may not detect the monitor correctly.
- If the HD monitor resolution has not been automatically detected by the PC, set the resolution to 1920 x 1080.