Using the MusicOne Scanner with Power Music Professional
Please read before using the scanner. DO NOT install the software on the supplied CD if you are using the scanner with Power Music Professional. (TWAIN driver not required)
Connecting the USB Cable to your PC:
The cable supplied with the MusicOne scanner is a “Y” cable – it has 2 USB A plugs. To use the scanner you only need to plug in the USB A plug with the two wires coming from it. The other USB A plug is to supply additional power to the “pass through” USB socket on the back of the scanner. You should only plug in the second USB A plug if you are using a high current device on the USB socket on the scanner - for example a large conventional external hard drive. If you are using it for a Flash Drive or printer you do not need the second connection.
Setting up the MusicOne Scanner:
- You must have Power Music Professional version 188.8.131.52 or later on your PC. If you have an older version of Power Music please update it now. The latest version is available at www.powermusicsoftware.com/download.
- You must have a free, full-sized USB 2 or USB 3 socket on your PC. If you are using a tablet with only mini or micro-USB sockets, use a suitable adapter.
- Make sure your PC is connected to the internet.
- Switch on your PC and before launching Power Music, plug in the scanner – Read the above information. Wait for the drivers to be downloaded automatically from the internet.
- Once the drivers are successfully installed launch Power Music.
- Go to New Song and click on the document scanner tab (NOT the flatbed scanner tab). If necessary select “Document Scanner” from the drop-down list.
You should now see a preview in the small window, click on Scan to capture the image. You can now start editing the image – cropping, rotating, changing brightness and contrast etc… We suggest you experiment with different lighting conditions to get the best results. There are LED lights built into the scanner which can be switched on using the switch on the front of the arm.
We hope you enjoy using the MusicOne Scanner. You will find Help videos on our Help Centre: support.cambronsoftware.co.uk If you want to use the scanner with software other than Power Music, use the free software supplied by Cambron.
If you have any problems please contact Cambron Software Limited by email or telephone.
Cambron Software Limited, 16 McLaren Grove, East Kilbride, G74 4SR, UK
t: +44 (0) 1355 246832 e: email@example.com